Privacy & Cookie Statement
Effective: October 01, 2020
The Insidity website is a web service that provides users with guidance on how to organize and plan their leisure activities, including the selection of hotels, destinations, restaurants, and more. All of the listed functions and services in this Statement are hereinafter referred to as the Services.
All functions and Services are owned and provided by SIA KR Project. By accessing our Website and using our applications on a computer, phone, tablet or similar devices (hereinafter they are all referred to as “Devices”), you confirm your consent to the information collection and processing procedures described in this Statement.
We are an international company operating in different countries with different laws and customs. This Regulation contains a general description of the procedures for collecting and processing information. Please select your location from the list of countries at the end of the Statement to learn more about the requirements applicable in a specific country.
What information we collect about you
When you visit our Website or use our Services, we collect the information and data you provide about you to improve and personalize our Services. Some information is collected automatically. We obtain certain information from other sources, including our affiliates, business partners, or other independent third party sources. For example, if you access Insidity via a link from a website operated by one of our business partners, or access third party services using our Services, they may share information with us about your use of their services. We collect the following information:
- Contact information including username, telephone number, mailing address and email addresses.
- Billing or billing information (such as your bank card number, card holder name, expiration date, authentication code, and billing address).
- Username and password.
- Photos, reviews, messages on forums and social networks, videos that you have shared with us.
- Location information.
- Information from the Device, such as when you accessed our Services, as well as information on the Device itself (for example, IP address, web browser or software information, preferred languages, unique Device identifiers and advertisements).
- Information about online activities, viewed materials, including pages visited and applications used.
- History of online purchases.
- Information about vacation plans and preferences.
In addition, we may collect other information, including their email addresses and other leisure-related information, if you provide it. If you provide us with information about others, you need to obtain their permission to do so. You need permission from any person you provide us with.
In addition to the categories of data described above, we may collect information about the location of your Device if, using the privacy settings, you have configured for your Device to send it to the application or upload photos that contain such data. We may directly use the information about your location and / or transfer it to our partners. We may use location information to provide you with relevant data, analyze how you use our Services, improve the quality of the Services we provide, and offer you relevant contextual advertising and recommendations. For example, we may use this data to show you reviews of nearby hotels, restaurants, or other properties.
You can change the privacy settings of your Device at any time and disable the function that provides us with information about your location and / or the function of geotagging your photos. If you have any questions about your device’s privacy settings, please contact your device manufacturer or mobile operator for assistance.
How we use your information
We strive to provide you with up-to-date information about our Services, while complying with the privacy laws of various countries. We use information about you solely so that you can enjoy using our Services, including the data is used as follows:
- to register and manage your account, including providing you with access to our Services;
- to analyze the popularity and improve the quality of the Services we provide;
- to notify you of special offers, products and services that are available on our Website and the websites of our affiliates and partners and that may be of interest to you;
- to contact you;
- to facilitate interaction and communication between registered users and owners (representatives) of business directories placed within our Services;
- to enable us to post your feedback, forum posts, photos, videos and other content;
- to personalize your interaction with Insidity, including tailoring the advertisements we display to you on the Services and on the Internet;
- to request information from you about your interests and preferences;
- to improve the quality of our Services and to group users based on such characteristics as user experience or demographic data;
- to send you invitations to participate in a survey or market research;
- to answer your questions and comments;
- to resolve disputable situations and identify problems;
- to prevent potentially prohibited and illegal actions;
Please note that we collect some information about users in order to form for you relevant offers of both our Services and the services of our affiliates and partners, as well as to provide you with the opportunity to experience all the benefits available to registered users. To learn more about the options for customizing the collection and use of personal information, go to the “Options” section.
Who has access to your information
In order to provide some of the Services, we may need to share information about you with certain individuals, including companies in our group, in the following circumstances.
- Companies of our group. We share information about you with companies in the Insidity group in order to offer you information about products and services that may interest you. These companies and websites also comply with this Statement and all applicable laws governing the sending of promotional materials.
- Service providers. We share information about you with certain providers who help us provide our Services, including in organizing leisure activities and reservations. For example, we will pass information on to the hotel if you decide to book a room through our application.
- Business partners. We may share information about you, your Devices, and the history of our Services with our trusted business partners. For example, information is transmitted to them so that we can provide you with up-to-date information or to simplify the process of paying for products or services that you can purchase on the websites of our partners. The exchange of information is usually carried out within the framework of written agreements that contain provisions on the confidentiality and security of information, however, we do not control our partners’ compliance with their privacy policies.
- Social networks. If you wish to post your photos on third party social media using our Services and App,
then the information you transmit will be received and processed in accordance with the privacy policies of these social networks, as well as with the privacy settings that you set in your profile on these networks.
- Advertising networks. We sometimes collect and share information about your interests with advertising networks.
- Other partners such as referral sites. Third parties may also help us collect information, for example by operating certain features on our Website or helping us to serve you online advertisements tailored to your interests. We may share audience segment data and other information with third parties so that they can send you contextual advertising.
They, in turn, can access certain data and collect only the information that they need to perform the agreed functions.
Certain versions of the operating systems installed on your Devices make it possible to customize what information is sent to certain ad networks. If you want to restrict the application’s ability to track such information, go to the settings of your Device.
You can customize how we collect and use your information. You also have the opportunity to open access to your account, update and even close it by writing a request to email email@example.com .
Protection of personal information
We have taken certain administrative, technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information of our users.
For example, only authorized employees have access to personal data and exclusively for the performance of certain official activities. In addition, we use encryption when transferring your personal information between your and our systems, as well as between our system and the systems of the parties to whom we provide confidential information. We also use firewalls and intrusion detection systems to protect your information from unauthorized access. However, we cannot fully guarantee data protection in the event of unauthorized and illegal access and use, malfunction of software or hardware, or in other circumstances beyond our control.
We keep copies of the information you provide for the entire period of your account existence or longer, if necessary for the purposes of this Statement or in accordance with the requirements of applicable law. In addition, we may store your data for any period as long as it is necessary to establish, exercise or protect legal rights.
What are cookies?
All cookies fall into three categories.
These cookies are needed so that you can enter the site and work with it using all the available functions. Without them, the website will not function properly and certain important functions will be unavailable to you. For example, cookies are used to register a user when you visit the site, so you do not need to register every time you navigate between the pages of the site. Necessary cookies are also used to detect and prevent fraudulent attempts. These cookies cannot be disabled through the Cookie Consent tool, as they are needed to access the Website and all of its functions
Analytical and functional cookies
These cookies help you understand how our Website is used, how we can improve its performance and make your visit more enjoyable. We use these cookies to determine which sections of our Website visitors are interested in and whether the website is experiencing errors. Cookies are also used to test the various designs and features of our Websites and to track where visitors come from. In addition, cookies are used to store your personal settings and preferences in use. The website, such as language preferences and information you entered in previous searches for travel options. Some functional cookies are needed if a visitor wants to use certain functions of the Website.
In addition, we work with independent advertising agencies to provide you with access to travel information that may interest you. To do this, we can configure cookies that are activated when you use our Services so that you see advertisements that are relevant to your interests and preferences. These “third-party cookies” collect data about your browsing history and how you generally interact with ads and use the Services. Using this information, we can determine the number of times that you will see this or that advertisement and make your Internet experience the most effective.
Changes to the Terms and Conditions and Notices
In the future, we may change this Statement. If the changes made, in our opinion, will be material, we will notify users in one of the following ways: by sending a notification of the changes, posting information about them on the Website and / or posting an updated Statement on it. At the beginning of the text of the Regulation, we will mark the date of the last change. We recommend that you periodically check the Statement in order to familiarize yourself with the most current version of it and learn about the latest changes in our privacy policies.
How to contact us
If you have a request regarding data privacy, for example, you want to delete or access your data, send an email request to our address firstname.lastname@example.org.
This GDPR Statement applies to citizens of countries within the European Economic Area (“EEA”), including those residing in the UK. This GDPR Statement serves as a supplement to the main Statement, but in case of conflict, the text of the GDPR Statement shall prevail for EEA nationals.
Personal data controller
SIA KR Project controls the collected personal data, however, in accordance with the requirements of the current data protection legislation, we have appointed a special representative in the European Union to perform this function.
Contact details of our representative:
- SIA KR Project
- Tērbatas iela 73, Riga, LV-1001
- Reģ. nr 42103090354
The role of SIA KR Project in this regard is limited and is exclusively limited to acting as a data protection focal point for EU citizens and data protection law enforcement authorities.
Your rights under the GDPR
Your rights regarding personal data include the following:
- The right to request access to your personal data. In this way, you can receive a copy of your own personal data held by us.
- The right to request that your personal data be corrected if it is inaccurate. You have the right to supplement the incomplete personal data stored by us, taking into account the purposes of their processing.
- The right to request the deletion of personal data if:
- Your personal data is no longer needed for the purposes for which we collected and processed it; or
- You revoked your permission to process personal data (if your permission was required for this), and there are no other legal grounds for processing; or
- You object to the processing of your personal data, and we have no legal basis to reject your objection; or
- Your personal data is processed unlawfully; or
- Your personal data must be deleted to comply with a legal obligation.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data. We will comply with your request if we do not have more compelling and more legally enforceable grounds for processing your data, or if we need to process your personal data in order to justify, submit or organize defense against legal claims.
- The right to restrict the processing of personal data if:
- o you question the accuracy of your personal data (valid as long as we verify the accuracy of personal data); or
- o data processing is illegal, but you do not want to delete your personal data, therefore, you require a restriction; or
- o we no longer need to process your personal data, but you need it to make legal claims; or
- o You opposed the processing (valid while we are looking for stronger legal grounds to object).
- Right to data processing. If possible, you can ask us to transfer your personal data to third parties. This right applies only to the personal data that you have provided to us, as well as in the event that processing requires your permission, processing is necessary for the execution of the contract concluded between us, or it is carried out automatically.
Access to your personal data (or the exercise of any other rights described in this Regulation) is free of charge. However, we may charge you a fair fee if your requests are unsubstantiated, repetitive, or too many.
We may require you to provide us with additional information that will help us identify you and make sure that you have the right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This measure allows you to protect your personal data from disclosure to persons who do not have the right to receive such information. To expedite the response, we may contact you and request additional information regarding your request. In the personal data section of your account, you can exercise several of the rights granted to you. To exercise your other rights, send a request to email email@example.com
How we use your information
We only use your personal data to the extent permitted by law. In accordance with the GDPR, we will use your personal data in one or more cases.
- When we need to fulfill our obligations under a contract that we are going to conclude with you or have already concluded.
- When necessary to meet our legitimate interests (or the interests of a third party), and your interests and fundamental rights do not prevail over those interests.
- When we must comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- With your consent
Transfer of data outside the country
Your personal data may be stored or transferred outside the EEA countries for the purposes provided for in this Regulation. When storing or transferring your personal data outside the European Economic Area, we take the following measures to ensure that your information is properly protected.
The storage or transfer of your personal data outside the EEA is always carried out in accordance with applicable law. We are also committed to ensuring the same level of protection for your information by implementing appropriate measures. The transfer of personal data is carried out:
- to a country which, in the opinion of the European Commission, can provide an adequate level of protection;
- to a country that cannot provide the required level of protection, but the transfer to which is regulated by the standard provisions of the treaties of the European Commission or is subject to the introduction of other appropriate cross-border means of transfer to ensure the required level of protection.
By using our services, you acknowledge that your personal data may be transferred to our partners and third parties with whom we exchange this information, in accordance with the requirements of this Regulation.